Monday, October 03, 2005

New Adventures

Well Matt and I are back in Home Sweet Home: aka-Sunny Arizona. It took me two weeks of checking want ads, searching Career Builder every hour and countless interviews to find a position I excepted. I thought God had everything worked out for me before I even arrived home. There was a great residential clinic that was looking at me, I already had two phone interviews and they were just waiting on me to move back so I could come and visit the facility. I finally got home and made the call and found out enrollment was down so they were on a hiring freeze - Geez God, what am I suppose to do now? Start looking again? Dont you know Matt is in school and not not getting a job? Dont you know we just bought a townhome that is being renovated? Everything seemed to be off. I started looking around and jumping at every interview I could get. I am glad I came to my senses and decided I needed to give this job search back over to God. I turned down two job offers (which I have NEVER done before) because it just did not feel right. I start my new job tomorrow!!!! I am a therapist/counselor for New Arizona Family, Inc. (NAFI). I will be working with dual diagnosis/substance abuse clients in Tempe. They are mostly court-ordered so they are not happy or willing really to be seeing me. I have not worked with this population and dont have a lot of experience. I am basically just trusting God that this is where He wants me for now. I wanted to give the update because I am sure a lot of my blogs after tomorrow will probably be about the adventure I am about to start!!! :-)
New Arizona Family

1 comment:

Ken said...

I am very glad for you that you are going to be settled into Arizona. It is tough when things drag on. It seems that you guys are quickly on your way to your new season of life. Blessings to you! BTW we still miss you guys!